15 Jul Food safety and food fraud project EU-China-Safe started
With funding from Horizon2020 program of the European Union and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) program EU-China-Safe, a project with a volume of €10 million, was launched to improve food safety and fight food fraud within the EU and China. The project is coordinated by the Institute for Global Food Security at Queen’s University Belfast.
“The EU-China-Safe partnership between our two trading regions is of immense importance to help deliver safe and genuine food to all citizens. Working together across China and the EU will enable us to identify where food fraud is happening, address the root causes and thereby enable us to improve food safety standards for all our citizens.” said professor Yongning Wu, chief scientist of the China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment.
Yili is one of the 33 partners from academia, government and food companies working together in this project. Our focus is improved detection of adulteration of food products and improved transparency and traceability of food supply chains. A total list of all partners involved is provided below.
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Vysoka Skola Chemicko Cechnologicka V. Praze
- Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung
- Agriculture and Food Development Authority
- University College Dublin
- Wageningen University
- Joint Research Centre – European Commission
- Fundacion Azti – Azti Fundazioa
- Nofima As
- Advanced Research Cryptography Limited
- Jochen Kleboth
- Euroquality Sarl; Fera Science Limited
- Cranswick Country Foods Plc
- Nestec SA.
- China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment
- Chinese Academy of Inspection & Quarantine
- Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control
- Jiangsu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau
- Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of The People’s Republic of China
- China Meat Research Center
- China National Research Institute of Food and Fermentation Industries SOE
- China Agricultural University
- Tianjin University of Science and Technology
- Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Yangtze Delta Region Institute of Tsinghua University, Zhejiang
- Ningbo Academy of Inspection and Quarantine Comprehensive Service Center for Technical Trade Measures
- United States Pharmacopeia Standard R&D and Technical Service (Shanghai) Co Ltd
- Danone Asia-Pacific Management Co Ltd
- Nestle R&D China Ltd
- Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd
- Jiangsu Yurun Meat Foods Co Ltd
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.